4.21.2010

In Response To: SSND contest

A couple of weeks ago, I entered two of my design pieces in the College News Design Contest. To my surprise (you have no idea), I actually won 1st place for the "Cover of a magazine or newspaper special section" category with my Spring Preview design.

Originally published as the cover for the 2/4 issue of Vox, I wanted the cover to represent the magazine in a playful way, while also integrating a little bit of sass and staying true to my personality. While creating it, I was driven by the concept of the old saying "April showers bring May flowers," which is represented in the blue stripes (as rain), umbrella and new growth (flowers).  A lot of work was done in finalizing the design, and the revisions made on the original draft definitely helped elevate it to where it needed to be.  (Thanks Aimee!!)

Overall, aside from still being shocked by the decision, I am incredibly grateful for the recognition.

- Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment