4.07.2010

Critique: A very Voxy Easter

It's hard enough getting your work to actually work... let alone trying to do that with other people/a publication in mind. 

As mentioned about a week ago, my cover was chosen for the "Dialogues" feature & 04/08 issue of Vox. Going into it, I knew that this would be no easy feat... I had a week-long break against me, and about 1000+ miles. Communicating with people who were in a different time zone and were surrounded by a completely different set of eyes and opinions is pretty tricky. Still, somehow it all worked out.

Aimee was (basically) present at my family's Easter dinner (which consisted of fajitas and mango mojitos... such traditionalists, i know.) But really, I felt bad that I wasn't in Missouri, and I know it had to have been pretty frustrating from the other end... not having the designer in person and all (...or in the same state even.) Still, I can't say my parents seemed to mind at all. Actually, I think my dad loved my mysterious phone calls, and even got a sense of pride out of seeing me design in action. That made it all worth it. Aw.

Anyway, what began as a stressful obstacle for me, actually turned out to be something that I was pretty happy with.  That said, I do think the final cover is quite different than my original concept, but only in the small details. Could it have been better? Absolutely.... the cover is below average, and I hate average.  But I guess that's life... live & learn. 

Until next time,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment