2.10.2010

You Cannot Miss This: Katie Daisy

Still on a typographic note... here's to self-illustrated typography.

Yesterday, post-Helvetica watch party, I, being my newly-inspired self, opened up my HOW magazine only to find a feature on: you guessed it... typography.

But, not just any typography.  This was about letting go of all things formatted, and doing it yourself.

Accompanying the article, they also profiled six different illustrators/typographers.  Of them all, my favorite had to be a woman named Katie Daisy.  She has such a distinct, yet incredibly talented gift - one in which I have already received so much inspiration from. Here are a few of her pieces:
  

**All photo/illustrations credited to Katie Daisy. And for more, check out her site here: KatieDaisy.com**


On a different note, (yet kind-of the same)...
ColourLovers did a really great blog the other day, which featured some vintage-esque frames in really interesting color varieties. I love the tones on the frames, which I think have the same type of feel as Katie Daisy's work does.
Photo credited to colourlovers.com

Check out more of the frames/examples here: Colourlovers: Eclectic Color Roundup

In all, I've come to realize just how ready I am to find my niche.  You know, something that I'm reallllly good at. And even if not specifically within magazine design, at least just in my creativity at the core.  I'd love to have a wide-range of ideas and talents to help guide my layouts, but I also can't help but crave that ability to do that one thing better than I could have ever thought possible.

Hmm...press on, we must!!
- Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment