2.18.2010

In Response To: Classic Vogue

Last week's assignment was to choose a magazine, a decade and to analyze its design and typography choices.  Naturally, I chose to go the furthest back in time and research Vogue in the 1930s.  Why? I was drawn to its classic elegance, visible development throughout the years, and the unstable nature of the world during that time period. (Check out my final presentation:)

All said and done, I admit that this was easily one of the most beneficial (and enjoyable) assignments I have had in college. Not only was it so interesting to research, but I also learned how to use resources (such as microfilms and really old magazines) as inspiration for my own designs.  Of course, that goes for all of the magazines my peers chose to do, as well; I loved seeing/learning about the different tones and voices of the other publications and compare how they differed from what I experienced with Vogue.

Honestly, I really feel that my time working on this project was more than well spent, and I appreciate that.

- Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment