3.10.2010

In Response To: "The September Issue"

Yesterday in class, Jan was gracious enough to have us watch The September Issue ... and it was amazing.

Prior to watching this movie, I honestly had very little interest in seeing it.  Sure, I enjoy my Vogue subscription from time to time, but I've been feeling extra broke in the money department lately, and I figured that watching Queen Wintour prance around Manhattan would only make me bitter.

I was wrong.

Instead, Anna Wintour inspired me far more than the creative director (Grace Coddington, who is a genius nonetheless.)  But, it wasn't Wintour's glitz, glam or her sassy personality that captivated me (although I loved every bit of all it); instead, I loved her passion, strength and drive.  She has so much power - over the fashion industry and over other people - and it's amazing to see a woman achieve that. And, I don't think she's that mean. She's honest and she knows what she wants, and I think every woman should be that confident in her craft... fashion or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment