1.27.2010

You Cannot Miss This: Bedding & pottery?

Bedding and pottery - two things I would have never expected myself to appreciate. And that's the beauty of everyday inspiration.

In the previous entry, I mentioned my recent obsession with noticing every little thing in life and it's "designability." (I may have just made up that word?) But really, I notice everything now.

Ev-er-y-thing.

Including my bedspread.

Obviously I chose the 'spread because I liked the way it looked, but I hadn't really thought about why. Of course not until now.

Last night, I was brainstorming for designs (surprise, surprise), and realized that I really enjoy the color orange; orange is definitely doing great things for me - especially when used with yellows, reds and blues. Green doesn't hurt either. And I thought my love for this color palette was a new development, until I walked into my bedroom and noticed my 'spread.


Turns out, I've always loved the color palette and didn't even know it! (Safe to say that I now sleep a little better at night.)

Speaking of color, one of my favorite design blogs, colourlovers.com, is the hot spot for inspiration. This blog teaches me, on a daily basis, how to appreciate the little things, and to notice unique color combinations.  As of yet, my favorite post was about their appreciation of Hornsea Pottery:

Photo credited to H is for Home

I love the designs on the pottery, as well as the use of teal, orange and gold, and really look forward to being able to create something involving these ideas!

That's all for now, friends! Have a very inspired day!
- Cassie May

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cassie,
    The photo above is actually H is for Home's photo. Thank you so much for crediting your photos. My photo is the single large Hornsea mug. H is for Home has a beautiful collection - me...well I've only found the one! Good luck on your graduation.
    Thanks, Merebearlandon

    ReplyDelete