1.27.2010

Welcome!

Hi friends!

I thought I'd begin with a brief introduction, which will (hopefully) give you better insight on where I currently stand in this world of design. I've always loved being creative - really, it's the only thing that has the ability to hold my attention for longer than 10 minutes.  Whether it's designing pages for magazines, writing, scrapbooking, shopping, or even pretending I know how to cook... I love it all.  That said, when it comes to design, I'm still a newbie.  Actually, up until around September of last year, I was on the path to becoming a magazine writer.  Again, I just wanted to create.

Thennn, I took my first design class, fumbled my way through foreign, mind-boggling technology (thank you Jan & Adobe), obsessed over typography and color choices on my computer, and discovered a genuine passion for the industry. And while I still feel as though I have no idea what I'm doing - despite recent hours spent watching two-minute "how to" videos via Lynda.com - I still can't help but appreciate (and love) the fact that I know I'll learn something new every single day... even when I think I'm getting good.

So here I am: in the advanced design capstone and ready to fumble my way through this crazy world. I'm definitely not under the impression that it'll be easy - or anything close - but I'm up for the challenge :)

- Cassie May

1 comment:

  1. This article has alot of valuable information. Great work. Thank you for sharing this with us. power bi course

    ReplyDelete